Jahangirnagar University is “A Unit” is related to the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics unit. There are a total of 6 departments under this unit at JU. Admission test can be given in this unit only if there is minimum qualification but different qualification is required for admission in each department. Today we will discuss the details of this unit at Jahangirnagar University.
|Total number of seats: 435|
Total categories: 8
Applicable Department: Science Department
Minimum eligibility to apply
- Those who have passed SSC and equivalent examinations in 2018 and beyond and those who have passed HSC and equivalent examinations in 2019 and 2020 will be able to apply.
- To apply for the admission test, both the secondary and higher secondary examinations must have a minimum GPA of 3.50 separately.
Admission test subjects and distribution
Only students of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics or the Department of Science can participate in the admission test of this unit. The total number of admission test is 100. Of which 80 marks are MCQ written test and 20 marks on GPA of SSC and HSC.
|Written test number||80|
|GPA number||SSC GPA x 1.5||20|
|HSC GPA x 2.5|
- Admission test time – 1 hour
- For wrong answer of each question 0.20 will be deducted from the number obtained and pass mark will be 28.
- You don’t have to pass any subject separately.
Eligibility for department based admission
There are different qualifications for each department for admission in this unit of Jahangirnagar University. If a student does not have specific qualifications, he / she will not be considered for admission in that department.
|Department name||GPA||Special qualifications|
|Mathematics||Mate GPA 6.50||A- (minus) grade in mathematics|
|Statistics||Mate GPA 6.50||Grade B in Statistics / Mathematics|
|Chemistry||Mate GPA 6.00||Grade A in Chemistry and B Grade in Mathematics.|
|Physics||Mate GPA 6.00||Grade A in Physics and Mathematics.|
|Geological science||Mate GPA 6.00||A- (minus) grades in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Mate GPA 6.50||Grade A in Physics and Mathematics|
|Environmental science||Mate GPA 6.50||Grade A (minus) in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology|